The Law Society’s Women Lawyers Division are delivering this two-day course which intends to provide returning solicitors, men and women, with the tools they require to take the first steps to return to the profession after a career break;
- The challenges of returning to the work place in a recession
- Helpful tips on CV preparation, covering letter and interview techniques
- A CV clinic where you will be offered a free 30 minute session with a qualified solicitor who will review your CV
- Available career options
- Self-assessment workshops to help raise your confidence to ensure you are better able to compete with those currently in the profession, those returning to the profession and those entering the profession for the first time following qualification
- Crash course on social media to bring you up to date on the recent changes
- The professional requirements for a returner by way of a brief update on the rules of professional conduct.
The main object of the course is to give you;
- A general overview of the opportunities available to you
- To boost your confidence
- The give you the tools to start your return to work journey
- A realistic overview of returning to the profession
- What you can do yourself to help prepare.
Who should attend?
This event is for men and women who have been on a career break for any reason or who are seeking to reintegrate themselves into their former position or a new position within the law.
Date: Friday 31 March – Saturday 1 April 2017
Venue: Milton Hill Hall, Milton Hill, Steventon, Oxfordshire OX13 6AF (Just 40 minutes from London by train)
CPD: 12.5 hours
Cost: Early booking rate – WLD returner course with overnight accommodation – £400 (excl VAT)
Price Includes lunch and dinner on day one and then breakfast and lunch on day two
Early booking rate – WLD returner course without overnight accommodation – £350 (excl VAT)
Price includes lunch and dinner on day one and then lunch on day two